Upgrade to ViewCommander-NVR Version 12 and save up to 80%
Special Upgrade Pricing if you already purchased a previous version of ViewCommander.
Free – if you purchased a new Version 11 Base System on or after December 1, 2021.
80% discount if you purchased a new Version 11 Base System on or before November 30, 2021.
80% discount to upgrade from Version 11 to Version 12.
60% discount to upgrade from Version 10 to Version 12.
45% discount to upgrade from Version 9 to Version 12.
30% discount to upgrade from Version 8 to Version 12.
15% discount to upgrade from Version 7 to Version 12.
10% discount to upgrade from Version 3, 4, 5 or 6 to Version 12.
To upgrade the version as well as the model, please contact us for a quote
Key Features in Version 12
- New Sensor – Daily Timer – Go to preset positions or trigger customer camera functions based on time of day
- Sunrise/ Sunset (ProAdvanced). In addition to setting a specific time, you can now trigger a command based on sunrise/sunset +/- an offset.
- H.264 RTSP out for 3rd party applications
- Support for Rimage Maestro USB Publishing system (ProAdvanced)
- H.264 to MJPEG transcoder per camera (for Main and High Profile). Allows all H.264 video profiles to be visible on web
- Remote Restart via Web Management Page.
- Detailed Logging
- Web – Digital Zoom for Live and Playback
- Web – Menu order matches the menu order in the main program. MultiView is reordered to match the camera menu order
- Web allows seamless switching between live view and playback without having to re-select camera from the menu
- Mobile Web re-connects to live and multiview automatically when reloading in browser (no need to refresh page)
- Web – change brush size for setting motion detection regions of interest on mobile devices.
FEATURES from Previous Versions
- The Web interface has been redesigned to replace apps for iPhone and Android, and allow for more management control. (V11 is backwards compatible with the Android and iPhone apps)
- Support for several new camera models
- Detailed logging to see specific cameras users visit (ProAdvanced)
- Overall security and performance improvements
- Ability to reorganize source tree
- Ongoing Version 11 updates with new features and support for new camera models
- Continued technical telephone support
- The Web interface has been redesigned to replace apps for iPhone and Android, and allow for more management control. (V10 is backwards compatible with the Android and iPhone apps)
- Web management allows authorized users to all cameras, changes camera and recording settings in VC
- Web interface allows users to set camera presets for supported cameras if they have permission
- Web interface sends H.264 outbound which greatly reduces processing power on the server. V8 and older transcoded the video using more processing power
- The Generic RTSP for H.264 has been redesigned to handle most H.264 video and audio streams to support more cameras
- The Generic MJPEG has support for most MJPEG cameras using RTSP, traditional MJPEG, as well as single JPEG image pull
- Both generic settings have the ability to add basic CGI web commands for PTZ and preset control
- Generic settings allow for new camera models to be added even if the specific model isn’t listed in ViewCommander
- V10 contains many improvements for performance, reliability, and compatibility. Compatibility includes changes to camera firmware, web browser changes, operating system changes, etc.
- The ability to easily add a SSL self singed certificated through ViewCommander
- The SSL encryption has been upgraded in V10
- Overall security and performance improvements
- Support for new camera models
- Improved remote live and playback performance, including web, app, and client performance.
- H.264 directly to the web browser, mobile apps, and ViewCommander-Client for live and playback.
- Audio directly to the web browser, mobile apps, and ViewCommander-Client for live and playback.
- Additional new camera models.
- IP Version 6 (IPV6) support (All Models)
- Web digital zoom for live and recorded video (All Models)
- Web Multiview – Viewing formatting options (All Models)
- Performance enhancements (All models)
- Detailed system logging (All Models)
- Overview of system statistics, including Camera & bandwidth stats, user logs, system logs, disk usage) (ProAdvanced)
- Timer for user-defined custom controls (ProAdvanced)
- Password complexity enforcement (ProAdvanced) Central management functionality with Version 8 Edge recorders – Easily request higher bandwidth and high definition recording via your central ViewCommander system. (ProAdvanced)
- Password expiration per user (ProPlus, ProAdvanced)
- FIPS compliance (ProPlus, ProAdvanced)
- Easily add archived video files back into ViewCommander for remote viewing. (ProPlus, ProAdvanced)
- Free version 8 updates, including new camera model support, continued telephone technical support, and more…
- Support for newer Windows operating systems – including Windows 10.
- Support for new camera models – including the Canon VB-M50
- Box and Zoom (Now includes most Canon cameras – VB-H41, BV-H43, VB-M40, VB-M42, VB-M40) (ProPlus,ProAdvanced)
- Performance enhancements to reduce CPU usage (All models)
- Virtual Joystick for supported cameras (All models)
- Export Archives to AVI and ASF (now includes seconds) (All models)
- Set recording end date to automatically stop recording (ProPlus, ProAdvanced)
- Easy copying of archived video to USB drive storage. (ProPlus, ProAdvanced)
- Message overlay in video on event (ProPlus, ProAdvanced)
- User-defined custom buttons (ProAdvanced)
- SSL Encrypted connection from camera to ViewCommander (ProAdvanced)
- Outgoing bandwidth control (ProAdvanced)
- Allows definition of user groups (ProAdvanced)
- Pop-up alerts on event (ProAdvanced)
- Free version 7 updates, including new camera model support, continued telephone technical support, and more…
- Secondary storage location per camera (ProPlus and higher models)
- Simultaneous storage location per camera (ProAdvanced and higher models)
- Define multiple regions of interest and event actions per camera
- User designed web events (ProAdvanced and higher models)
- Adjustable pre-event recording time per camera (ProPlus and higher models)
- User defined timeout for connection loss event
- Added comment section for each camera
- Remote Web Management – add cameras, users, change settings from the web interface (Pro Plus and higher)
- Encrypted email support (for Gmail, etc.)
- H.264 for supported cameras (Pro Plus and higher)
- Enhanced web playback controls
See specifications on the product page to see which features are included with your version.
ViewCommander Pro series also supports several optional add-on features that can be purchased separately, and include:
Remote Floating Windows (up to 32) to allow you to drag and drop cameras to any monitor attached to your ViewCommander computer. Build your own video wall!
Frequently asked questions
No. ViewCommander allows you to connect to any camera that is in our supported list. If a camera fails or is replaced, simply add the new camera information into ViewCommander. You DO NOT need to register the camera’s MAC address or serial number with us.
Yes, as long as they are within the same major version. For example, if you purchased Version 11, you can install up 11.xx updates at no charge. Version 12 would be an option/paid upgrade at a reduced price. Currently we are offering a 80% discount from the equivalent Version 12 price to upgrade from Version 11.
No. Licenses do not expire. But we strongly recommend staying up to date with the latest version. Staying on the latest version includes continued tech support, new features, and more.
- Record multiple IP cameras simultaneously – up
to 30 FPS for each camera
- Support for JPEG and MJPEG LIVE video @ 30 FPS
- Support for H.264
- Audio Monitoring (some model cameras only)
- Audio Recording (some model cameras only)
- Motion Detection Notification
- Digital I/O alarm notification for supported cameras
- Connection Loss Notification
- Daily Timers
- Weekly Timers
- Timer event actions- turn camera stream on and off at scheduled times (Pro-Advanced Only)
- Custom web sensor inputs for 3rd party event triggers (Pro-Advanced Only)
- Define up to three regions of interest per camera (Pro-Advanced Only)
- Custom Controls
- Trigger GPIO relay for supported cameras
- 30 Frames Per Second per Camera
- Video adjustments (brightness / equalization / noise reduction)
- Night Enhancement
- Pan-Tilt-Zoom (PTZ) support for pan-tilt enabled cameras
- Automatic Object Tracking using PTZ functions
- Joystick Support
- Digital Image stabilization
- Advanced camera function integration – adjust settings on remote camera
- Download preset names automatically for supported cameras
- Return to preset on timeout
- Configurable Camera Preset Patrolling / Touring
- Snapshots – save individual snapshots to disk
- Camera status – see real-time data on FPS and bandwidth usage
- 180 degree image rotate option
- Digital zoom – digitally zoom even if camera does not support zoom
- Center on click (Point & Click) navigation
- Box and Zoom (Now includes most Canon cameras)
- Virtual Joystick for supported cameras.
- User-defined custom buttons (Pro-Advanced Only)
- User-defined custom button with timer (Pro-Advanced Only)
- SSL Encrypted connection from camera to ViewCommander (Pro-Advanced Only)
- Runs as a Window’s Service to automatically start recording on system restart.
- Remote window thumbnail view for multiple monitor systems
- Sidebar thumbnail view
- Supports most commercially available IP network video cameras and servers
- Multiple monitor support
- 7 Day, 24 hour scheduling to allow certain features to run only at specified times, including recording, email notification, etc. configurable with 15 minute increments.
- Individual camera scheduling override.
- User level security – configure multiple users, each with different levels of access
- User Logging
- Per Camera User Access – allow specific users to access defined cameras
- Video uplink to viewing client management systems
- Full Screen Video View – enlarge video to fill full screen
- Scalable – add additional cameras at any time
- Event Email Alert
- Camera connection loss email notification with custom timeouts
- Performance enhancements to reduce CPU usage
- System Stats Dashboard- Camera stats, bandwidth, user log, system log (Pro-Advanced Only)
- Integrated Web and Video Server
- Remote web access for live video and PTZ functions
- SSL Encryption for secure connection
- Web access simultaneous LIVE video connections
- Web Management functions (add cameras, users, settings, etc.)
- ViewCommander-Clients (included) more can be purchased
- Remote web access for recorded video playback
- Web access simultaneous playback connections
- Video Export via Web Interface
- iPhone, iPad, Android web access
- Easy copying of archived video to USB drive storage.
- Multiview formatting and layout options
- User Account Expiration
- Password complexity enforcement (Pro-Advanced Only)
- Allows definition of user groups (Pro-Advanced Only)
- Outgoing bandwidth control (Pro-Advanced Only)
- DigitalFingerprint Verification
- Define Secondary storage drive per camera
- Export to AVI (MJPEG Video)
- Export to ASF (H.264 Video)
- Export to VCA format (includes audio/video/timestamp/fingerprint)
- ViewCommander Player- to distribute with recorded video
- Video export via web interface
- Set recording end date to automatically stop recording synchronized video playback (cams)
- Playback histogram showing events
- Specify different archive drive location per camera
- Save to network attached storage (NAS)
- Record on motion detection to save disk space
- Pre and post alarm event recording, now with user defined times
- Low disk space detection (auto-erase oldest archives, or stop recording)
- Variable recording speeds – set FPS per camera
- Export digitally enhanced recorded still images
- Automatically delete oldest archive option based on user defined disk space requirements
- Lock video archives to prevent them from being deleted
- Archive Video selection based on calendar / times
- Event filtering for recorded playback
- Real-time playback, Rewind, Fast Forward, Pause, Single step
- Snapshots – save digitally enhanced archive video snapshots
- Easily import ViewCommander archive folders into system
- Define secondary storage device per camera for simultaneous writing (Pro-Advanced Only)
- Synchronized video playback (cams) (Pro-Plus: 4 Pro-Advanced: 8)
- Advanced adjustable motion detection settings and thresholds
- Motion detection – Region of interest settings with selectable grid overlay
- Motion detection email alert notification with JPEG attachment
- Motion detection adaptive base image option
- Motion detection audio & visual alert notification
- Message overlay in video on event
- Floating Pop-up viewing windows (for multiple monitor video walls)
ViewCommander-NVR is licensed per system and per camera. Each computer requires the purchase of a Base System License. Then you can purchase multiple camera licenses for that Base System.
The USB license dongle is a small USB device that contains the licensing information for your Base System (features, cameras licenses, etc.). It must be present in the computer to run the software. Once you receive it, you can move the software from computer to computer without the need to activate the software, or contact us each time you need to re-install the software.
No. If you upgrade your base system or add additional camera licenses, the dongle can be updated electronically without the need to ship it back to us.
No. Most systems come with an integrated web/video server that allows multiple users to view and playback the video using only a web browser. No special software is required to be installed or purchased for the client computers.