Troubleshooting: Video feed not coming into ViewCommander
Click here to watch a Video Tutorial on Troubleshooting a Camera Connection Loss
If you do NOT see you LIVE video follow the troubleshooting tips below:
In the Video Source Setup click on the “connect to web interface” button.
If a browser opens but cannot connect to the camera this could mean one of several things:
- You entered the wrong information. Verify that the IP Address and port numbers are correct
- You selected the wrong camera model in ViewCommander
- The camera is not powered on
- The is no network connection between the ViewCommander computer and the camera.
- The camera could be on but perhaps the camera is behind a firewall or router and the ports are not forwarded correctly
If a browser opens and you can connect to the camera this could mean one of several things:
- Be sure the username and password you entered in VC is the same. Verify this by retyping the username and password for the camera when prompted by the web browser
- Then reenter the same credentials in ViewCommander